Transitional Care (Swing Bed) Program
As a critical access hospital, Ray County Hospital and Healthcare is authorized by Medicare to provide swing bed services. In many cases, patients are not ready to return home after a hospital stay. They need more time to strengthen and heal before they can step back into their normal routine. This is when the transitional care program can help.
Transitional Care is used by patients:
- Who need rehabilitation services such as physical, occupational, and/or speech therapy
- Who need to regain strength and mobility
- Who need to receive IV antibiotics or IV medications
- Who need continued wound care to include wound vacs
Does my insurance cover this?
Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans, and many private insurance companies cover this type of care. Our business office will assist in contacting the insurance provider. The transitional care nurse coordinator can help you get answers about your insurance reimbursement for the program.
Benefits of the Ray County Hospital and Healthcare Transitional Care program includes:
- You can stay close to home to recover from your illness or surgery in a safe environment
- We have 24-hour registered nurse (RN) coverage every day of the week
- Access to a skilled healthcare team to include physicians, nurses, certified nursing assistants, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, speech therapy, social services, dietician, radiology, and laboratory services
- Our discharge planning team will arrange for supportive services, such as home health, or other services you may need at the time of discharge
For additional information or to make a referral please contact: