PRN 7 A-SP
The Surgical Services Registered Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care pre/post op and/or intraoperative. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment. Assistance with required equipment and supplies inventory.
Participates in performance improvement activities. Responsible for monitoring patient’s physiological status during pre/post and intraoperative process. Communicates with surgeon, anesthesiologist, continuously as needed, about patient conditions; receives direction for patient management. Intercedes to maintain optimum homeostasis.
• Current Registered Nurse license in the state of Missouri.
• BLS, ACLS, PALS or ability to obtain after being hired.
• Previous surgery experience preferred.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with others.
• Effective communication skills.
• Perform pre/post and intraoperative surgical nursing care and interventions.
• Educate and update patient and families on procedures and post-surgical care needs.
• Assist surgeon and other staff in surgical suite.
Other skills and duties needed as pertinent to the listed job.